Thursday, July 17, 2008

VENDAKAI MILAGU

INGREDIENTS:

1.Ladies finger/vendakai----2 cups
2.Onion-1
3.Tomato-1
4.Ginger garlic paste--1 tsp
5.Mustard--1/2 tsp
6.Urad dal---1/2 tsp
7.Curry leaves--few
8.Pepper powder--1 tsp

METHOD:

Vendakai is ladies finger in tamil and milagu is black pepper.
This is a very tasty curry and here goes the preparation.
Cut the ladies finger/vendakai lengthwise.
Chop the onions and tomatoes.
Shalow fry the ladies finger in oil and keep separately.
Heat oil and add the seasonings.Now add the chopped onions and ginger garlic paste.
After the onions become light brown add the tomatoes .
Now add salt and turmeric powder and the fried ladies finger/vendakai.
Finally add the pepper powder and switch off the stove.
Serve with any rice or roti.
Hope u enjoy this dish.

Thank u!!

4 comments:

bonziegal said...

I found this the best of the lot! Very innovative and different! I might substitue the shallow frying with baking...;)

AarNav said...

Thank u Bonita:)
Actually u shd say this to my mom coz its her recipe.
I don't know how the output will be if u bake it.Try and lemme now:)

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of adding pepper powder to okra. Must be a great side dish for rotis.

RV

AarNav said...

This is one of my fav dish cooked by my mom and it is not only a great sidedish for rotis but goes best with rasam rice or curd rice.Do try and let me know:)